Customers can receive a $30 rebate when they purchase a new WaterSense-labeled high-efficiency toilet (HET). Beginning June 1, 2013, a $75 rebate will be available for the purchase of the new generation of WaterSense toilets called Premium WaterSense. Premium toilets flush at 1.06 gallons per flush (gpf) and include American Standard, Niagara, Toto, Kohler and Pro-Flow models. View the list of qualifying Premium toilets.
You can purchase a WaterSense labeled toilet from a variety of retailers. Here are a few suggestions:
By replacing an old water-guzzling toilet with an efficient WaterSense-labeled model, most households can lower their utility bills by $50 - $200 a year* and reduce water waste. The Saving Water Partnership is offering qualified homeowners either a $30 or $75 rebate as an incentive.
Toilets are the main source of water use in the home, accounting for nearly 30 percent of residential indoor water use. WaterSense-labeled toilets use less than 1.28 gallons per flush, and Premium WaterSense toilets use less than 1.06 gpf, compared to the 3.5 gallons per flush or more used by toilets installed prior to 1994.
For more information call (206) 615-1282 or view our frequently asked questions. Download FAQ (pdf) - English | Vietnamese | Spanish | Chinese
*Depends upon household size and existing toilets.
- Customers must reside within the Saving Water Partnership service territory.
- Only one WaterSense eligible toilet and/or one Premium WaterSense eligible toilet per household will be rebated. Check for eligible toilets by using the EPA's WaterSense product search or the list of qualifying Premium toilets before purchasing a toilet.
- Only single-family residents and duplexes with separate utility bills are eligible for this rebate.
- Customers must send these three items to the address below:
- Signed, completed application. Download application (pdf) - English | Vietnamese | Spanish | Chinese
- Premium $75 WaterSense rebate forms will not be available until June 1, 2013.
- Purchase receipt for the new WaterSense-labeled toilet including brand and model numbers.
- Copy of customer's water bill
Seattle Public Utilities
700 Fifth Ave, Suite 4900
PO Box 34018
Seattle, WA 98124-4018