The Saving Water Partnership is a group of local water utilities in Seattle and King County working together to help customers save water and money.
Advisory Stage Activated
The Seattle regional water system is in the Advisory Stage of its Water Shortage Contingency Plan. Read a weekly report on water supply conditions for Seattle.
Stages of Seattle's water shortage contingency plan.
Advisory Stage Top Tips
- View full list of advisory stage tips (pdf).
- Water Early or Late - Water before 8 a.m. or after 7 p.m., which reduces evaporation.
- Water Deeply, But Infrequently - It’s better to have one or two deep waterings, rather than several shallow waterings.
- Fix Leaks - Fix obvious indoor and outdoor leaks such as at faucets, hose bibs, and sprinkler spray heads. Check for less obvious leaks such as silent toilet leaks. Put several drops of food coloring in your toilet tank; after 10 minutes if you have color in the toilet bowl, you have a flapper leak.
- Wash Vehicles Wisely - Wash your vehicle(s) at locations that recycle the water.
- Use a Broom, Not a Hose - Use a broom, rather than a hose, to clean sidewalks, driveways and patios.
- Wash Full Loads - Wait until your clothes washer and dishwasher are full before starting.